IIM Indore IPMAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern
IIM Indore IPMAT Exam Pattern
IIM Indore IPMAT will be a computer based test and will be conducted at 34 test cities in India. It will be a 1.5 hour duration exam. The candidates will be required to go to the respective test centres for the exam. This year IPMAT exam will be conducted in the morning shift instead of afternoon shift as was held last year.
The mode of the entrance exam, section-wise time allotment, marking scheme, type of questions and number of sections are mentioned table given below :
90 minutes (1.5 Hours)
Time Alloted to Each Section
Computer Based Exam
Number of Sections
There are 3 sections - • Quantitative ability (MCQs) • Quantitative ability (short answer questions) • Verbal ability (MCQs)
Types of Questions
Short answer questions and multiple-choice questions
Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be negative marking as well
IPMAT Syllabus 2021
Quantitative Ability (MCQs + SA)
Arithmetic, Number Theory, Modern Math, Algebra, Geometry
Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Parajumble, Logical Completion of Paragraph
IPMAT Syllabus - Quantitative Ability (QA)
Quantitative Ability questions are asked from a range of topics like Percentages, Profit and Loss, SI and Cl, etc. Here is the detailed breakup of IPMAT Syllabus in Quantitative Aptitude Section
- Number System
- Averages & Percentages
- Roots, Indices, Surds
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Algebraic Formulae
- Linear & Quadratic Equations
- Ratio & Proportion
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Work Related Problems
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Geometry: Lines, Angles & Triangles,
- Polygons, Circles & Mensuration
- Permutations, Combinations, Probability,
- Integration & Differentiation
IPMAT Syllabus - Verbal Ability (VA)
This section consists of
- Reading Comprehension: 1-2 passages with 5 questions each. The passages are asked from economy, culture and developmental issues.
- Vocabulary: Around 5-6 questions on Antonyms and Synonyms,
- Other types of Questions: Other types of questions in this section include Para Jumble & Logical Completion of Paragraph, Best Summary questions, Word Usage, Fill in the Blanks and Proper Usage of Words.
Following is the detailed breakup of IPMAT Syllabus in VA section –
- Paragraph Completion
- Para Jumble (Sentence re-arrangement)
- Inference-based passages
- Word Usage
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms & Phrases
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Noun and Pronoun Errors
- Preposition and Conjunctions
- Modifier Errors
- According to the IPMAT 2021 exam pattern, candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer.
- As there is a negative marking, for every wrong answer, one mark will be deducted. But there is no negative marking for the quantitative ability (short answer questions) section.
- If a candidate has left a question un-attempted, then no marks will not be awarded or will be deducted.
- Candidates cannot jump from one section to another. They have to answer the questions in the order that is set.