No products in the cart.
To start with, there is no clearly mentioned CAT Syllabus anywhere. Yet we have tried to outline the important topics for CAT according to various sections – Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning. This data is being compiled with the help of CAT Past Years papers of almost 30 years and insights of our Subject Matter Experts.
CAT Syllabus - Subject Wise
Profit & Loss
Ratios and Proportion
In-equations Quadratic and linear equations
Surds and Indices
Work and Time
Clocks and Calendars
Tables& Pie Charts
Bars & Line Graphs
Fill in the blanks
Para Completion and inference
Foreign language words used in English
Different usage of same word
CAT Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
CAT syllabus for quantitative aptitude has seen very little changes over the year. CAT 2022 syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude is expected to be moderate in terms of difficulty.
- The QA section in CAT 2022 Exam is expected to have 27 MCQs and 7 Non-MCQs. Non MCQs are basically TITA questions and do not have negative marking.
- This section focuses on numerical problems and tests a candidate’s mathematical knowledge.
- It is a test of speed, accuracy, and precision.
CAT Quantitative Aptitude Detailed Breakup
|CAT Quant Section||Topics|
Number System, HCF, LCM, Ratio & Proportion, Simplification, Percentage, Average, Age Calculation, Time & Work, Distance
Theory of Equations, Quadratic Equation, Inequations, Functions, Logarithms Sequence & Series
Angles, Lines, Triangles, Circles, Polygons, Coordinate Geometry
Areas and Volumes- Rectangle, Squares, Triangle, Circles, Cubes, Cones, Spheres
Maxima and Minima, Functions, Derivatives
Trigonometric Ratios, Heights and Distances
CAT Syllabus for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- This section focuses on two aspects- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
- DI has both MCQ and Non-MCQ questions.
- Questions from Data Interpretation focus on a candidate’s ability to derive conclusions from a given set of data.
- Logical Reasoning (LR) section tests a candidate’s logical thinking and its application to everyday problems.
- DILR section is expected to see 24 MCQs and only 8 Non-MCQs. Non MCQs are basically TITA questions and do not have negative marking.
CAT Syllabus for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- CAT 2022 VARC section is expected to be comprising 34 questions, out which 24 are MCQs and 10 are Non-MCQs.
- Non MCQs are basically TITA questions and do not have negative marking.
- In VA section, Reading Comprehension has highest weightage of 70%, 24 MCQ questions are based on RCs only and 10 Non-MCQ questions are based on other topics.
CAT Exam 2022 Registration Procedure
Given below are the steps to be followed to register for the CAT 2022 Exam:
- To register for CAT 2022 visit www.iimcat.ac.in. and click on the ‘registration’ tab and enter the required details.
- On successful registration, you will receive a user id and password through mail or SMS. Login and complete the application form for CAT 2022.
- In the application form you will be asked to fill some personal details, contact details and academic details. You will also be asked to choose the IIMs you want to apply for and choose the test center and interview city.
- After this, you need to upload your photograph and signature where ever mentioned.